1. Informational Notice:This software, "MetaMap and MetaMap Tools" was developed and funded by the National Library of Medicine, part of the National Institutes of Health, and agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, which is making the software available to the public for any commercial or non-commercial purpose under the following open-source BSD license.
NOTE: Users of the data distributed with MetaMap and MetaMap Tools are responsible for compliance with the UMLS Metathesaurus License Agreement which requires you to respect the copyrights of the constituent vocabularies and to file a brief annual report on your use of the UMLS. You also must have activated a UMLS Terminology Services (UTS) account.
2. LICENSE:Government Usage Rights Notice: The U.S. Government retains unlimited, royalty-free usage rights to this software, but not ownership, as provided by Federal law. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
3. Use of MetaMap and MetaMap Tools
- Redistributions of source code must retain this Informational Notice.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce this Informational Notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the names of the National Library of Medicine, the National Institutes of Health, nor the names of any of the software developers may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
- The U.S. Government retains an unlimited, royalty-free right to use, distribute or modify the software.
- Please acknowledge NLM as the source of the MetaMap software by including the phrase "Courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine" or "Source: U.S. National Library of Medicine."
Last Updated: October 11, 2019