1. IntroductionThe following Terms and Conditions apply for use of MetaMap and associated MetaMap Tools. Using MetaMap and MetaMap Tools indicates your acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all MetaMap and MetaMap Tools components, independent of format and method of acquisition.
Users of the data distributed with MetaMap and MetaMap Tools are responsible for compliance with the UMLS Metathesaurus License Agreement which requires you to respect the copyrights of the constituent vocabularies and to file a brief annual report on your use of the UMLS. You also must have activated a UMLS Terminology Services (UTS) account.
2. AvailabilityMetaMap and MetaMap Tools are available to all requesters, both within and outside the United States, at no charge.
3. Use of MetaMap and MetaMap Tools
- Redistributions of MetaMap and MetaMap Tools in source or binary form must include this list of conditions in the documentation and other materials provided with the distribution.
- In any publication or distribution of all or any portion of MetaMap and MetaMap Tools (1) you must attribute the source of the tools as MetaMap and MetaMap Tools with the release number and date; (2) you must clearly annotate within the source code, any modification made to MetaMap and MetaMap Tools; and (3) any subsequent distribution of program, tool, or material based on MetaMap and MetaMap Tools, must be accomplished within the context of an open source set of terms and conditions such as the GNU General License.
- Bugs, questions, issues relating to MetaMap and MetaMap Tools should be directed to the most recent of the chain of entities that may have modified and re-distributed this code.
- You shall not assert any proprietary rights to any portion of MetaMap and MetaMap Tools, nor represent MetaMap and MetaMap Tools or any part thereof to anyone as other than a United States Government product.
- The name of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine, and Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from MetaMap and MetaMap Tools without specific prior written permission.
- Neither the United States Government, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine, Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications, nor any of its agencies, contractors, subcontractors or employees of the United States Government make any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to MetaMap and MetaMap Tools, and, furthermore, assume no liability for any party's use, or the results of such use, of any part of these tools.